Friday, July 9, 2010

Jack's Birth

Jack's birth was nothing really exciting. I was induced because my last labor was only one hour and I could not have an epidural. My Doctor and I thought this way would be a better guarantee that I would deliver in the hospital. It was also nice to have my hair washed, pedicure done, kids in school, etc.
I took Pitocin at 12pm and Jack was born at 4:06pm. I had an epidural before I felt any major pain (yay!). I was lucky to have a nurse that actually listened to me (thanks Cristina) and a great Doctor that not only gave me great prenatal care, but also was there when I needed him and made me as comfortable as I could get. I am proud to say that the biggest pain I felt was from the ant bites I got from stepping in an ant pile by my garage door when I was leaving to go to the hospital (my dad got it all on video... AFV one day?)
Jack was 7lbs 11 oz, 20 1/2 inches long, head full of dark hair, dark eyes, face just like Michael. He is a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment