Friday, March 18, 2011

Marco's Birthday

My dear hubby just had a birthday!!! I asked him what he wanted to do to celebrate and he just wanted to stay home, relax and work on his projects. Granted!!! I did make him breakfast though (although since it's Spring Break, I overslept and he was out of bed when I woke up. Oops!!) The breakfast was very yummy and easy and light (I wanted to eat too!)....


I didn't care much for the French Toast (with blueberries on top), but the egg nests were delicious and so cute!!

I took the recipe from the Healthy Cooking cookbook (I don't remember what year). I modified the recipe to my taste and here is how I made it:

Egg Nests

12 slices turkey bacon, cooked on a skillet until done, but not crisp
1 1/2 cups egg substitute (Southwest Flavor, this is a must!! I used Egg Beaters brand - Walmart has it)
6 tablespoons shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese

Diretions: Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray, put two bacon slices around the inside of each cup (only 6 cups used), pour 1/4 cup egg substitute, sprinkle each with 1 TBS cheese and bake at 350 F for 15-20 min or until set. So yummy and easy!!! Only 3 Weight Watchers points.



The Ice Cream cake I got at Walmart (Strawberry Cheesecake flavor - delicious, only $10, and 6 points per slice)



Happy Birthday!!!


It was a fun day! While he worked on his projects, here i how I celebrated his birthday... :-)


I made this wreath for our front door... welcome Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment