Friday, December 11, 2009

What a Blessing

Yesterday Raphael wrote his name for the first time. I didn't even know he could write letters yet. His hand coordination has improved so much this past month. I was fascinated to see how beautiful his handwriting is for his age. He was so proud of himself! I sat on the couch and watched Julianna teaching him letter sounds and how to read. She was so patient and loving. And he is so teachable. At moments like this I feel so grateful for my little angels and the joy they bring to my life. Being a parent is so hard, but when we see our children showing love one to another it is the greatest feeling.

I had an OB/GYN appointment yesterday. The baby is doing great and the heartbeat was around 154. It's always so good to be reassured the baby is ok. Julianna asked me after the appointment if the Dr. could see any junk in the baby's stomach. I said, "no, why do you ask?" She answered, "you've been eating so much junk lately that I was worried the baby would be eating junk too." Ok, it was a wake up call. :-) I do need to eat better and exercise more. First trimester is over so I am feeling energetic and a lot less sick. Today I re-joined the gym and even did 30 minutes of elliptical. Raphael was thrilled to be back at the gym's childcare. He loves it.

Below are pictures of the urine gender test I took at 13 and 16 weeks. They basically turned out the same color, which is not really a boy color or a girl color. The test says that If your urine has turned green to dark/smoky green, you are having a boy. If your urine stays relatively unchanged or turns a deeper yellow or orange, you are having a girl. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. According to the people at Intelligender, it is a boy! We'll see on Jan. 5th...

    ReplyDelete